Every year I personally revisit the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Protocol just to keep things in check. Some people think I’m crazy, but having the knowledge and experience that I do, I see things differently. The way I see it, if I gain 5-7 pounds in a year, why not take care of it when the numbers are so small? Otherwise 3 years from now, my weight might be up 15-21 pounds. We all know it’s much easier to do Phase 1 for 2 weeks rather than 2 months, so I just say, go for it. Nip it in the bud. I also revisit it because it gives me a new perspective each time I do it, and it helps me to stay in touch with some of the things my clients go through. It continues to be an eye-opening experience every year.
This year is my 3rd annual shot at it, and I’ve experimented with recipes all week. A lot of my recipes don’t make it onto the blog. I only share stuff that I love. A few days ago, I discovered that Ideal Protein- Lohja, Finland found Ideal Diet and shared it on their Facebook page. I want to extend a giant thank you to them for the lovely compliment and for sharing this blog with their Facebook friends and followers. They also have some fantastic recipes on their page, so go check it out when you’re done here. I also want to extend a big welcome to the new subscribers who’ve recently joined along. You inspired this new recipe, and I think it’s a keeper!
One of the new things I learned this time around is that lettuce wraps rock! I’ve eaten more this week than I have in my lifetime. (Ok, slight exaggeration, but I’ve eaten a lot.) I thought I was being super creative with this recipe, but then I came to find out that I’m not the first to think of this. However… this recipe is my very own. In fact, it’s so easy, it’s almost a non-recipe. Now that’s my idea of a great weeknight meal.
Difficulty: Beyond Easy
Ideal Protein: Phase 1, 2, 3, 4
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 4 cups chopped cucumber, celery, or veggie of your choice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Frank’s Red Hot wing sauce
- 6 whole iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- Heat grapeseed oil in a frying pan over medium high heat and add ground chicken. Saute until cooked through, breaking into small pieces. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Drain extra liquid from pan. Add hot sauce and mix until chicken is well-coated.
- Scoop chicken into lettuce cups and add veggies. (I lightly steamed some broccoli because I didn’t have celery in the house, and well, I eat broccoli with almost everything! It’s a good fit here.)
- Optional tips: if you’re in phase 1, 2, or 3 drizzle on Walden Farms Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing. A nice Phase 4 lunch would be to add some blue cheese crumbles.
If you’d like to receive more healthy recipes directly to your inbox, subscribe to Ideal Diet for free. And if you try any recipes and find ways to make them better, please share your comments with us.
Recipe adapted from the bad attempt at making Asian style lettuce wraps the night before that turned out too dry and bland.