This is by no means a recipe, but I made it last week and loved it! I wanted to share it here as a reminder that we don’t have to deprive ourselves of everything when we’re trying to lose weight. These must be cooked a certain way for good results, so read carefully!
Ideal Protein: Phase 1, 2, 3, 4
Servings: 1 (unless you’re crazy enough to share!)
- 1 Ideal Protein Crepe Mix
- 3-5 oz of cold water
- Grapeseed oil spray
- Small Non-stick pan (I suggest using a small pan to make 2 crepes separately. It’s too hard to manage in a big pan.)
- Walden Farms Maple Syrup
- Pour 3 to 5 fl. oz of cold water into a shaker cup, add contents of one Crepe mix, and shake vigorously until mixture is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly spray with oil.
- Pour batter into skillet and cook
on each side for 2 to 5 minutes.No! Don’t do that, or your pancake will mush up into a ball of dough. Cook the first side until it is cooked through on the top side. You know how the top of pancakes bubble and dry when they start to cook? You want the top side almost completely dry. You will think you are over cooking it, but you are not. Then you can flip it and cook for 30 seconds to a minute or so on the other side.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with second crepe.
- Top with Walden Farms Syrup.
If you’d like to receive more healthy recipes directly to your inbox, subscribe to Ideal Diet for free. And if you try any recipes and find ways to make them better, please share your comments with us.