I have a very special place in my heart for New Orleans. I lived there during, what my husband will confirm were, the best years of my life… other than the years I’ve spent with him, of course. In honor of the upcoming French Quarter Festival in New Orleans, I thought I’d share an easy Creole Shrimp with Garlic and Lemon Recipe.
I Love NOLA Creole Shrimp
Servings: 2-3 servings
Ideal Protein Phases: 1, 2, 3, and 4
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning (for phases 1, 2, and 3 watch out for brands like Zatarain’s which have sugar in them)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the garlic, creole seasoning, and bell pepper.
In a skillet, sauté the shrimp in the oil over moderately high heat for 3-4 minutes per side, until just white throughout. Add the lemon juice and parsley and serve.
Adapted from this recipe.