I mentioned in my last post that I have started to take the easy way out when it comes to my cooking. But taking the easy way out doesn’t have to mean bland and boring. I never thought I was capable of making something as extravagant as rack of lamb at home. I mean, that’s reserved for fancy restaurants, right? But I found a way! All you need to do is follow a few simple directions, and you can make a gourmet-style, delicious meal. Lamb is not allowed on Phases 1, 2, or 3, so it makes a great phase 4 dinner.
Ideal Protein: Phase 4
- 1 Rack of lamb
- Aloha Chimichurri Dry Rub
- 1 Tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly sprinkle the lamb with Chimichurri Spice Blend.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Place lamb rack in the skillet and cook just until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the lamb rack to a baking sheet. Re-season the entire lamb rack with Chimichurri Spice Blend.
- Bake for 15 minutes for medium-rare. Allow lamb to sit for 10 minutes before carving into chops to serve.
If you’d like to receive more healthy recipes directly to your inbox, subscribe to Ideal Diet for free. And if you try any recipes and find ways to make them better, please share your comments with us.